Roy Mark Weller
Roy is an aspiring academic writer and researcher, he is currently working on his technology project into social media and stress.
He is an active part of the DMU community being the social sec for the Swimming and Triathlon club.
- 1 Education
- 1.1 De Montfort University, Leicester
- 1.2 Beauchamp College, Leicester
- 1.3 Additional Qualifications
- 2 Social Media
- 3 Blog Posts
- 3.1 Tech 3022
- 3.1.1 Comp A - Survey of Campaigns
- 3.1.2 Comp B - Social Media Project Investigation
- 3.1.3 Comp C - Group Project
- 184.108.40.206 ‘Discover The Real Me’; Overview of social media campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
- 220.127.116.11 ‘Discover The Real Me’: Facebook campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
- 18.104.22.168 ‘Discover The Real Me’: Twitter campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
- 22.214.171.124 ‘Discover The Real Me’: Instagram campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
- 126.96.36.199 Reflexive video
- 3.2 Tech 1002
- 3.1 Tech 3022
De Montfort University, Leicester
Independent Study: Leicester Media School MA/MSc PG Dip/PG Certr, 2019-2020
This course provides you with an opportunity to design your own individual programme of master’s-level studies within the Leicester Media School, while being supported and supervised by leading national and international scholars.
Roy's Application to study has been accepted on a conditional 2:2 which with his current predicted grades would appear extremely attainable.
BSc (4-year Hons) Media Production (P31041), 2015-2019
Media Production BSc (Hons) is an industry-focused course which provides you with the technical foundations and practical skills needed to gain a leading role in digital broadcast or social media production.
Year 4 Modules
TECH3010 Technology Project (100% est)
TECH3022 Social Media Practice (81% est)
TECH3025 Creative Image Production (70% est)
TECH3026 Creative Media Entrepreneurship (80% est)
Year 3 Modules
SAND2901 Industrial Placement Year at Robert Bosch Ltd. (70%)
Year 2 Modules
TECH2004 Video and Imaging Techniques (48%)
TECH2007 3D Modelling and Animation (56%)
TECH2008 Television Production (67%)
Year 1 Modules
TECH1003 Technology 1: Fundamentals (75%)
TECH1004 Media Capture and Process (59%)
TECH1015 Multimedia 1 (70%)
Beauchamp College, Leicester
3, A2 C’s in Media, Film and English
5, AS B-C in Media, Film and English
11, GCSE A*-B’s including English and Maths
1, BTEC Level 2 Distinction* in Business
• Effective Writing as part of a business – Pass
• Prejudice and Discrimination in the work place sensitivity training - Pass
• Working with Others - Pass
• International Computer Driving Licence - Pass
• Industrial Compliance training – Pass
• BUILD Programme:
o Effective Communication - Pass
o Time Management - Pass
o Leading Myself - Pass
o Creativity and Problem Solving – Pass
• Full and clean EU/UK Driving Licence - Pass
• First Aid and AED training - Pass
• NPLQ, Lifeguarding qualification - Pass
Comp A - Survey of Campaigns
For my survey of a social media campaign I chose to do Kony 2012 by Invisible Children, a campaign to raise money to help ugandan children escape becoming child soldiers. The campaign was a 30 min video that used emotive language to try and motivate people to donate and participate in the project.
Comp B - Social Media Project Investigation
The clash of black friday and cyber monday
Comp C - Group Project
‘Discover The Real Me’: Facebook campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
‘Discover The Real Me’: Twitter campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
‘Discover The Real Me’: Instagram campaign for Timberland in the highcross.
Progressive blog posts
How I researched to try and get better at chess.
Me discussing how I communicate to my dad using internet articles.
A post about advertisement in information media.
Sexual orientation, gender identity and the media.
A blog post about media surrounding religion.
A post about selfies and how they can be a construction to reflect something rather than vanity.
A post about What the purpose of the blog is.
My first post on wordpress after renouncing my ways and my reluctance to go back to doing a blog.
Social media project
Social media project 1.0
Social media project 2.0
Social media project 3.0
Social media project 4.0
Social media project 5.0
Social media project 6.0
Social media project 7.0
Social media project 8.0
Social media project 9.0
Social media project 10.0