- 1 Early Life
- 2 Education
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Blog posts (2015/16)
- 5 Social Media group project blogs (2015/16)
- 6 Component A - Survey of anti sugar campaigns
- 7 Component B - Social media project investigation
- 8 Component C - Social media group project
- 9 Wiki entry links
- 10 Tech 1002 Summary Of Learning Presentation
- 11 External Links
Rumaysah was born at the Leicester Royal Infirmary hospital. Her hobbies include; photography,swimming and playing snooker which she also follows as a sport and watching football. She supports Leicester City Football Club and Barcelona FC in the La liga football league.
Prior to high school Rumaysah attended Water Leys Primary school in Leicestershire shortly before joining Overdale Junior School.
2008-2013- Sir Jonathan North Community College: Rumaysah gained 9 GCSE's grades A*-C.
2013-2015- Wyggeston and Queen Elizabeth I College: Rumaysah then went on to study A Level Philsophy, Media Studies and Travel and Tourism.
2015-Present- De Montfort University Leicester: Rumaysah is currently pursuing a degree in BSc Media Production
Rumaysah is the second youngest in her family. She has 3 elder sisters aged between 26 and 23 in addition to a younger brother aged 16. Her favourite holiday destinations include; Sharm El Sheikh, Istanbul and Dubai. Her favourite TV shows include Friends, How I met Your Mother,The Fresh Prince of Bell Air, One Tree Hill and the recent FX hit; American crime story - The people VS OJ Simpson. She is also a fan of American actors Denzel Washington and Ashton Kutcher; her favourite films of Denzel Washingtons' include; The Equalizer (2014), Flight (2012) and 2 guns (2013). Her favourite Ashton Kutcher films consist of; Just Married (2003), The Butterfly Effect (2004) and No Strings Attached (2011). Other favourite films of Rumaysah include; The Nutty Professor (1996), My Best Friends Wedding (1997), Pearl Harbour (2001),White Chicks (2004),The Change Up (2011) and all of the Fast and Furious films as well as many more. Her favourite comedians are Russell Howard, Mo Gillian and Kevin Hart. Rumaysah's favourite social media sites are Twitter and Instagram which she uses regularly. Rumaysah enjoys following a variety of runway and fashion modelling shows such as the Victoria Secret fashion shows. Her favourite supermodels are Adriana Lima and Candice Swanepoel
Blog posts (2015/16)
Media And More Is Rumaysah's blog on which she posts regularly onto. Here are some of her entries so far:
- November 7th 2015 - My First Blog Post
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses why she chose to do a degree in Media Production and her thoughts on the media. Includes images
- November 7th 2015 - A look at Selfies and Photobombing
- In this blog Rumaysah talks about the latest photo trends; Selfies and Photobombs. Includes images
- November 8th 2015 - Youtube- Broadcast Yourself
- In this blog Rumaysah talks about broadcasting service - Youtube. Includes Images, video embedded and External hyperlinks
- November 30th 2015 - - Pentax K20D SLR Digital Camera
- In this blog Rumaysah displays images captured on the PENTAX K20D camera. Includes images
- November 30th 2015 - - Card Games Before A Lab Session
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses her opinions on playing card games before a computer lab session
- November 30th 2015 - - The Greatest Advertisements
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses different forms of advertisement, in addition to her favourite TV adverts. Includes images, video embedded and External hyperlinks
- December 2nd 2015 - - Adobe Photoshop...The Good And Bad
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses the pros and cons of Photoshop. Includes images and short Photoshop tutorial
- December 10th 2015 - - HTC ONE mini VS HTC ONE mini 2
- In this blog Rumaysah compares the camera quality of the HTC ONE mini and the HTC ONE mini 2. Includes Images
Social Media group project blogs (2015/16)
- January 26th 2016 - - CRIM BEAUTY - Social media groupwork project
- In this blog Rumaysah talks about the group work project her and her group will be working on. Includes Images
- March 13th 2016 - - Negativity on makeup
- In this blog Rumaysah talks about the negative coverage makeup can recieve. Includes images and video embedded
- March 14th 2016 - - Estee Lauder Doublewear review
- In this blog Rumaysah reviews the Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. Includes images and a video
- March 15th 2016 - - MAC velvet teddy lipstick review
- In this blog Rumaysah reviews the MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick. Includes images and external hyperlink.
- March 15th 2016 - - How we promoted CRIMBEAUTY
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses how her and her group promoted their social media project. Includes images and a video
- March 15th 2016 - - Beauty and makeup hacks
- In this blog Rumaysah discusses some makeup hacks and tips she uses. Includes images.
- March 17th 2016 - - Makeup and me
- In this blog Rumaysah interviews others on their opnions regarding makeup. Includes images.
- March 17th 2016 - - product breakdown
- In this blog Rumaysah gives a product breakdown on a look she recently wore. Includes images.
- March 17th 2016 - TOPSHOP highlighter review
- In this blog Rumaysah reviews the TOPSHOP highlighter.Includes images.
- March 17th 2016 - - overall views on this project
- In this blog Rumaysah talks about her overall thoughts on the social media project. Includes images.
Component A - Survey of anti sugar campaigns
- October 31st 2017 - Obesity Health Alliance Video Blog
- In this Blog Rumaysah has attached a video blog talking about the OHA campaign and her own bad eating habits. Includes Images and a video
Component B - Social media project investigation
- November 15th 2017 - How are Americans tackling obesity
- In this blog post Rumaysah looks at the campaigns America currently have in place to tackle obesity. Includes Images and a video.
- November 22nd 2017 - A discussion
- In this blog post Rumaysah goes more into depth about a podcast she features in and discusses the rise in American food chains in England. Includes podcast and images.
- November 29th 2017 - Starbucks Culture
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about Starbucks culture and hype in the UK and USA. Includes Images and Vox Pop.
- December 6th 2017 - Food around the world VS the UK and USA
- In this blog post Rumaysah compares diets around the world to that of the UK and USA. Includes images and a video.
- December 12th 2017 - A Summary
- In this blog post Rumaysah summarises the topic of the Uk and Usa eating habits. Includes images and a video.
Component C - Social media group project
- January 24th 2018 Sugar Things - Group Project
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about the group project, upcoming plans and content to feature in the project. Includes Images.
- Febuary 16th 2018 Current Sugar Campaigns VS ours
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about the leading campaign on sugar in foods. Includes Images and a video.
- Febuary 21st 2018 Behind the scenes Meme making and Twitter posts.
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about how memes are created and how tweets are formed for Sugar Things. Includes Images a video and a vox pop.
- Febuary 27th 2018 drinks vs our teeth and the hidden sugars in them
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about an article on drinks and the effect they have on teeth. Includes images.
- March 4th 2018 Hidden sugars in lunches
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about the hidden sugars in different lunches. Includes images.
- March 5th 2018 - Sugar__things what's working and what's not and how to make things work
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about what hasn't worked in terms of the platforms created and how to make articles more interesting through blogging styles. Includes images and a video.
- March 5th 2018 how can Sugar Things get a message across to younger kids
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about how to promote sugar things to kids who are not on social media. Includes images.
- March 6th 2018 podcast discussion and my contribution
- In this blog post Rumaysah talks about the podcast discussion carried out by the group in addition to her contribution to groupwork as of yet. Includes images a podcast and a video.
- March 9th 2018 Making a video for sugar things
- In this blog post Rumaysah discusses the video filmed for sugar things. Includes images and videos.
- March 9th 2018 reflective video blog
- In this blog post Rumaysah reflects on the project overall. Includes video and images.
- November 8th 2015 - Photo Editing Apps
- This wiki entry discusses some photo editing applications popularly used today